Monday, January 6, 2014

Review: Joseph's Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Maple Syrup has been something I have greatly missed on keto, and I didn't really think there was a way around it. You don't get much more sugary than maple syrup, take the sugar out and you have some weird coloured water. Then I found this, Joseph's All Natural Sugar Free Maple Syrup and I had to try it, my bacon was missing it's syrup!

As part of my first Low Carb Megastore order, and again on Amazon I have enjoyed this sugar free version. It's been in pancakes, in chia pudding, in milkshake, in slightly ill-fated cake icing basically it's great. I ordered it from amazon the second time because the postage on the megastore is only worth it if I'm doing a big order, I can cope with £5.70 for maple syrup from Amazon given how long it lasts.

Positives

  • Tastes great, just like maple syrup.
  • Don't need to use loads, I have probably used the neck of the bottle after 7 batches of pancakes.
  • Even on over use it doesn't give the nasty laxative side effects malitol normally does.
Negatives
  • Slightly pricey.
  • Can't buy it in the shops it has to be ordered online.
  • If you are sensitive to the malitol metallic aftertaste, I didn't notice it but my SO did, best avoided if you really don't like that taste.
N.B. Malitol is one of the more vicious laxatives on the sweetener scale, I'm normally really sensitive to it but it hasn't affected me at all in the syrup, but as always with sugar free things proceed with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment