Monday, January 13, 2014

£80 Budget Day 1

To my usual standard, breakfast was a double shot black coffee from my nespresso machine as I was running out of the house and a litre of water. So if you were including my nespresso cost that would be 46p.

Lunch


Made two days in one the night before, spinach, saved stalks, mince, fry, add exciting spices from cupboard, portion into boxes.

Used two portions of mince : £1.46
Two portions of Spinach: 30p
60g Cauliflower/broccoli ends: 18p
Marmite/spices: approx 10p

Two lunches: £2.04 total and £1.02 each. Not too shabby for day one.

 Dinner


A highly inventive dinner today of pan fried bacon, steamed veggies covered in cheese and a garlic sauce left over from my housemates pizza hut yesterday.

I portioned the cooking bacon into 3 sets of 220g while I was cooking, sometimes you get a whole bacon steak which is why I laid it all out flat just to inspect and see what I had.

I used:

1 portion of cauliflower: 15p
1 portion of broccoli: 15p
1 portion of cooking bacon: 36p
30g of mature cheddar cheese: 26p

Total cost: 92p

Post Dinner Snack

Ok, so I may not have eaten a large enough lunch because I was absolutely starving, so had to raid my cupboards for a post dinner snack and came up with flaxbread, 2 peanut butter fat bombs, and some mixed jerky. Which I haven't worked out how much it cost yet because those aren't things I have made this week, well apart from the jerky which is 25p a portion. So lets go with 50p for the snack!



Total cost for today: £2.44 of which 50p wasn't spent this week. Whoop whoop!

Nutritional Information

1728 kcal, 131g fat, 13g carbs, 14g fiber.
71% fat, 26% protein, 3% carbs.



No comments:

Post a Comment