Saturday, March 23, 2013

Crispy Fried Chilli Pork



Firstly an apology, for the quality of the picture, and the lack of other pictures, I forgot about blogging it until just before eating so you only get to see the delicious finished article. I seem to be determined to find a way to ketofy all of my favourite take away dishes, and thus eliminate them from the list of cheats that still manage to trip me up. This also serves in my ever growing quest to break this damn plateau!

My go-to Chinese dish is crispy shredded fried chilli beef, with seaweed and prawn crackers, and after a quick google got a vague idea of how it was done and decided to have a crack. Oh and I used pork instead of beef, due to the huge amounts of roast pork I had left over! 

Ingredients (makes 2 portions, or 1 if you are being greedy like me!)

200g Pork loin cut into thin strips
1 egg
20g of either almond meal or sunflower seed meal
5g chilli flakes
10ml Light soy sauce
10ml Sweet chilli dipping sauce (lowest carbs possible!)
Enough oil to deep fry them- I heated about 300ml in my saucepan.

1. Beat together the egg, nut meal and chilli flakes.
2. Add the thin cut pork strips and coat them fully in the mixture.
3. Heat the oil  until it starts to gently bubble, check it is ready to deep fry by dropping in a bit of the extra sauce. If it sizzles straight away it's ready for meat!
4. Add the coated pork to the oil 4/5 strips at a time, watch out for splatters.
5. Leave the pork for about 30 seconds before moving it around in the oil.
6. Fry for around 5 minutes until you see the coating turn a darker colour.
7. Remove the pork strips onto kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
8. Mix together the sweet chilli and soy sauce with a tiny bit of the oil in a frying pan and heat.
9. Add the pork strips to the frying pan and thoroughly coat the strips in the chill sauce. 
10. Enjoy your keto chinese!

Pro Tip: I fried some spinach and water chestnuts in the frying pan I used for the sauce, made a delicious side!


Nutritional Information

Calories 339 kcal
Fat 23.7g
Carbs 5.2g
Protein 37.8g

No comments:

Post a Comment