Friday, March 8, 2013

Beef Burgers




I was in two minds about doing this post, the recipe is so simple I wonder why I ever bought burgers before, but then again this is a blog detailing all the recipes I use for keto including this one!

Ingredients (makes 6 burgers)

400g Beef mince( I used sainsburys basics as it has the highest fat content)
40g onion very finely diced
10-15g of grated hard cheese
1 egg

1. Finely chop the onion, and I do mean fine!
2. Put the onion, beef, cheese in a bowl and crack the egg over the top.
3. Get stuck in with your hands and mash all the ingredients together until they are properly mixed.
4. Split the mixture up into 6 equal portions, I have a meat baller for this that a friend got me as a joke but it's actually really useful. But you can just use your et.
5. Shape the portions into burgers and leave in the fridge until you need themZ
6. Grill or fry when needed.

Pro tip: if you have some add 1-2tbps of tomato purée and a bit of chilli powder, it gives the burgers an extra edge.

Nutritional Information (per burger)

Calories 197 kcal
Fat 15g
Protein 15.3g
Carbs 0.6g







No comments:

Post a Comment