Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Review: Muscle Food

This is the second time I have ordered from Muscle food, and slightly body builder focused website who supply all the protein you could need FOR THE GAINZ! I've been on the watch for the while for them to have a brilliant deal so I could restock my freezer for the new year and do a lot of meal prep for January.

I wasn't disappointed, they had a discount code, and an exclusive offer shortly after Christmas and for the low low price of £75 delivered I got the following:

12 Steak Burgers
5kg Chicken Breasts
4 Turkey Escolopes
4 Hache Steaks
12 Chicken Sausages
4 Low fat beef burgers
6 Meaty pork sausages
700g Bacon medallions
1kg bbq chicken drumsticks
4 Chicken Breasts
1kg Sliced mixed peppers
1kg Diced Sweet potato
250g Curly Green Kale
1 Coconut Crunch bar
1 pomegrante protein bar
1 packet of protein crisps

Which looks like this:



Found in the following links:

Exclusive Try Us Selection box
5kg Chicken Breasts
Try us Selection


From Muscle food full priced I saved £75. I've calculated the price for the similar products from Sainsburys and it would cost £103, but that includes offers and their chicken breasts are nowhere near as good as the musclefood ones.

One of the brilliant things about muscle food deliveries is that you pick the day they deliver, and can do so upto 2 months in advance but they don't take the payment until 48 hours before delivery. So if you need to wait until pay day, or until you have some space in the freezer you can!

The delivery comes in a big box surrounded by these cool freezer bags so it stays fresh while it is being delivered. This is particularly handy for storing it while you figure out how to portion it and which bits you get to eat first.



There are a few bits and pieces in that list that aren't keto except in small quantities, so they are being donated to the non keto live in boyfriend. They are the chicken sausages, and the pork sausages. At 5g/8g carbs respectively I can't really work that in and get a decent meal. So to him they go.

The rest of it is being prepared into meals and portioned for the freezer for future use. I have no idea what I'm going to do with sweet potato, at the moment it's bagged into 20g portions until I can figure out what to do with it. Maybe I'll just sneak it into other dishes.

I would highly recommend liking them on Facebook, having a look through their products and ordering from them yourself if you've got the space. I've had nothing but great customer service from them.

Extra Bonus if you go via my referral link you get a freebie, and your favourite blogger gets some bonus points!

1 comment: