Sunday, January 4, 2015

Restaurant: Wagamama


I consider this a personal triumph, I have keto'ed at wagamama. It probably helped that it was take away so much easier to get the rice replaced with a salad, than explaining to a confused waiter/ress that you have yes come to a Japanese restaurant, and no you don't want any rice.

What I ordered: Chicken Katsu Curry, with sauce on the side, grilled chicken and a side salad instead of rice.

What it cost: about £9 I don't remember exactly.

What I actually got: Exactly what I ordered! Side salad could have been bigger considering how much rice you normally get, but there you go. I used to sauce for dipping so that it minimised the carb intake as that stuff is carby!

Opinion: It satisfied a craving at the time, but to be honest it wasn't really worth it. I was conscious of not using too much sauce because of how carb filled it was, and because it was just a plain chicken breast and salad it wasn't a very filling meal. If you're stuck in wagamama it's great to have as an option, but I wouldn't go out of my way to order from there normally.

Nutritional Information: I'm not sure, pretty carby but not very calorific I reckon. About 300-400 kcal but 7g carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment