Sunday, January 4, 2015

Resturant: Benito's Hat

I was lucky enough to work in an office that gave free lunch to all of it's employees, which gave me a chance to try some restaurants out I wouldn't usually chance for keto friendly food.

Benito's Hat, being a mexican restaurant I figured I had a 50:50 chance of it being just dry spiced, or covered in salsa. 

What I ordered: Slow braised pork salad no beans or peppers. Extra chicken, extra pork. 

What it cost: £9.90

What I actually got: Unexpectedly came with nachos and rice. Lost about half the portion getting rid of that. Probably not a problem if you are in the shop, but ordering online the menu is lacking in descriptions of what you actually get in a dish.

In the picture the left is how it arrived, the right is what it was once I'd dissected it.


Opinion: 

I was really full after this lunch, which I wasn't expecting since it was basically just a pork salad and cheese. It was fresh and arrived hot from the restaurant. It wasn't too spicy hot just enough for flavour. I'd get it any if my options were limited but nearly £10 for a lunch is too much in my opinion.

Nutritional Information (MASSIVE ESTIMATE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY ON THEIR WEBSITE)

Calories 500 kcal (lots of pork and cheese was had)
Carbs 5g (left over rice bits, and iceberg).




4 comments:

  1. You are lucky that your office gave you free lunch from Benito's Hat, Mexican restaurant. I heard a lot about this restaurant but don’t get a chance to visit there. Even, this time I was searching some best party places in the Bronx for my office party. Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm based in the North of England so I've got no idea about the Bronx sorry! Indian/mexican restaurants or steak houses are normally a safer bet than anywhere else. Japanese/Chinese is near enough impossible to do on a keto diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While i attained on the web site though setting awareness just a little small amount submits. Satisfying way of long lasting, I shall be book-marking at the same time get varieties comprehensive occurs up. keto recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. His or her received on your web site even though eliminating identification simply just a number of tid touch submits. Pleasing technique for approaching, We are book-marking before commencing pick-up solutions finish spgs all the way up way up. keto diet

    ReplyDelete