Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tuna, pesto, 'pasta'





Welcome to the world of Shirataki noodles, I hope you will become firm friends because I sure as heck love them. I love keto, I love the effects and how it makes me feel, but sometimes I just want a bowl of pasta. When those cravings strike; rather than cook anything else which would just leave me unsatisfied and wanting to cave more, I wiggle down to China town and pick myself up some Shirataki noodles. Yesterday I found this, the Tofu kind, which comes in various different forms, fettuccine, spaghetti, and macaroni. For the low low price of £1.49 a packet I can get my pasta hit and keep keto.

Ingredients

1 packet of tofu shirataki noodles (thoroughly washed under water, ignore the smell!)
1 can of tuna in brine
20g Basil pesto
20g Mature Cheddar (grated)

1.Having thoroughly washed the noodles in water until the smell is gone, dunk them in boiling water and keep them at a rolling boil for 3-4 min. You cannot overcook these noodles, ever, it's impossible.
2. Drain the noodles and return them to the pan and heat.
3. Add the tuna, and the pesto. Mix on the heat to warm the pasta.
4. At the end add the grated cheddar and mix in, keep on the heat to melt the cheese if you wish.


Nutritional Information

Calories 318 kcal
Fat 15.2g
Carbs 1.7g
Fiber 2.4g
Protein 42.9g

Pro tip: this can also be done with chorizo and chicken if you fry the chorizo/chicken together before hand and add them right at the end with the cheese. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment