Friday, February 15, 2013

Spicy fajita beef





Now I am a farmers daughter, and every couple of years my Dad raises a cow for beef and it goes in the freezer, a freezer which I raided last time I was home for some stewing steak, mince and steak steak. This week I got to my last packet of beef, which was also accompanied with a desire for fajitas and spicy food, and so this dish was born.

I served it with the cauliflower mash I made at the beginning of the week, and some black pudding. It may also have been a fridge clear out day.

Ingredients

150g Beef Stewing Steak
40g Red onion (roughly half) cut into strips
5g Discovery Fajita Mix
1 tsp of Olive oil

1. Heat the olive oil and lightly fry the red onion, you don't need much oil since stewing steak is quite fatty.
2. Add in the fajita mix and beef thoroughly coat the beef in the mix as it browns.
3. Let the beef cook occasionally shaking the pan/stirring the beef so it doesn't stick.

Nutritional Information

Calories 192 Kcal
Fat 4.9g
Carbs 4.9g
Fiber 1.4g
Protein 32.9g


Pro Tip: This dish works great with Bell peppers, I'd normally use a quarter of a yellow and red pepper, just add it in with the beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment