Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Salmon mousse roll ups







Now this post was meant to be about bread, but I made the bread and it was a complete disaster, apparently I haven't got that recipe down yet.

So instead this recipe was born, based my love for smoked salmon, the fact it is currently on offer in Sainburys and also because I stole the recipe from my sister yesterday after I had the most amazing smoked salmon at Shaka Zulu.

Ingredients (makes enough mousse for 4 sets of 5 rolls)

150g Cream cheese
120g Smoked Salmon trimmings or honey roast salmon flakes (I buy the basics smoked salmon packets)
1/4 of a lemon's worth of juice
Cracked black pepper

1 layer of smoked salmon for wrapping

Mix together the cream cheese and smoked salmon trimmings. Crack in the black pepper and add the lemon juice and mix that in. Separate the layer of smoked salmon into separate strips, put a teaspoons worth of the mousse in the centre of the strip and roll it up.

I love this dish, and it will become one of my favourite lunches I'm sure, and will probably replace the smoked salmon casing with lettuce or I will be bankrupt before too long.


Nutritional Information (all rolls)

Calories 295 kcal
Fat 22g
Carbohydrate 1.6g
Protein 22.8g



No comments:

Post a Comment