Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review: Low Carb Megastore


Now as you are all aware, getting low carb specific stuff in the UK is nothing short of a nightmare if you look in actual shops. With the exception of some cheaper almonds and coconut oil found in Indian/Caribbean food shops it's a barren land out there.

There are a few gems of hope on the online world, amazon does a good line in low carb tortillas, ebay isn't bad for some low carb water flavourings. But the two shining stars are The Low Carb Megastore and Carb Life I'm still not convinced these aren't the same company, given that they have exactly the same website layout, but they do have a vastly different range of products.

This week I needed granola bars and low carb ketchup, which has been out of stock for months and months on both websites. Until now!

I like low carb megastore, they use dpd for delivery so you get a 1 hour slot when they will arrive and normally a choice of moving the day if it isn't convenient for you, as well as a text on the day. Shipping is normally from £4-6 but if you order over £75  (which is surprisingly easy!!)

Individual product reviews to come!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but I just saw it while looking for reviews of this company. In 2011, I began ordering products from Low Carb Megastore. They were excellent, had amazing, personal service and good product selection.

    I know that recently, Avidlite, another low carb online retailer, took over their business and it's fallen down badly. Yes they have a flashy new website, yes they have inventory, but they also have poor business practices, they will lie to your face and simply do not care about their customer base. They simply feel they don't need to I assume. I placed an order this week, received it today. Item in the box was incorrect. Emailed just to alert them and said if correct item in stock, I'll just place an order, surely the wrong item would get eaten. The reply was defensive, told me I chose wrong (impossible since the item I received was incorrect, something I don't like and not listed on the page at the time). During the writing of my reply to their reply, I took a screen shot. Somehow I thought it would be useful, they could correct their system for the future. I was interrupted by my dog who needed to go out. Came back and continued my email. During that time, noticed the webpage for the company reloaded and magically, the product was renamed and the product I received by mistake was on the site. But, despite my screen shot they still denied changing the product keep saying I chose wrong. Sadly for them, I know a few things. Like, a former employee who said that low carb megastore picks from the order slip and puts a copy in your box. I have a copy and no item numbers exist, but now suddenly there are items numbers. In my screen shot, the item I received was cheaper than it is now...and on and on. I wouldn't do business with them simply because they have no problem lying. So, I had no problem putting it on their Facebook page. I never asked for anything for free, in fact, I'd planned to spend more money. It was when a simple apology wouldn't work, when she had to say I was wrong and that the product is listed correctly when I had proof it wasn't that I became just furious. I'm sure my post is gone, but just was looking for anyone who had had a negative experience with Avidlite who now owns Low Carb Megastore https://www.facebook.com/Lowcarbmegastore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in UK I buy lots of products from low carb megastore everymorning I have there 2net carb porridge with 100g rasberries, lunch a low carb 3 net gram tortilla filled with protein, I have 2 snacks protein choc bars, then a high protein dinner with 0 carb pasta or rice from Holland and barrett, the slimming world range of dinners are low carb, just minus the fibre from total carbs most meals come out under 10 carbs plus 0 rice or pasta, before bed I have 2 Atkins crispbreads 3.6 carbs plus low carb topping so pretty good.

    ReplyDelete