Thursday, June 26, 2014

Other Bloggers and Me

Me!

As you may have noticed I've started blogging again! I am officially done with studying, so everything that has been taking a back seat for the last few months is reclaiming it's time in my life. However summer is here and having the time to cook and develop new recipes is definitely an added bonus. 

Hopefully I won't be stopping again, at least not for that huge amount of time anyway! As always, any requests or questions field them my way and I'll see what I can do.

I am still horrendously far from my goal weight, but plodding a long and at the moment focused on sticking to keto for a full 3 months with no cheating. Which might be easier said that done considering I'm moving and have a holiday slap bang in the middle of those 3 months.


Blog News!

In other news, this blog now has a twitter account: https://twitter.com/ketotheukway
so follow me on that, and ensure that you won't miss a single update or any of my random thoughts throughout the day.

Other Bloggers 

If you are looking for more inspiration in your cooking then below are a handy list of blogs I frequent, and know their recipes are fantastic. They are all American/Canadian bloggers so your mileage may vary if you aren't all that comfortable with cup conversions:


All Day I Dream About Food and all day I dream about her food. Her dessert recipes are second to none, and one day I dream of having a cupboard full of ingredients like hers so that I can create everything she does.

Keto Incognito Alison who runs this blog, I swear this girl has a gift for creating recipes that are quick, simple and taste amazing. If you don't believe me, try the Alison Bread (TM) recipe and think again.

Low Carb Linda a staple in the low carb community. More often than not if I'm looking for something to make with a few ingredients, I turn to her website and it get's the sparks flying in my head to create my own recipe.

Online Communities

Sometimes you just need a little support, and in a world where low carb living is tricky online is the natural place to go. If you want more inspiration, help or just a kick up the arse then head to one of the below and they will help.

Reddit Keto The group that started it all for me, and I still frequent on a semi regular basis. If they don't know it, it's generally not worth knowing.

Reddit Keto for Women Where I spend most of my keto online time if I'm honest. Keto works wonders for men and women but women have a harder time losing weight in general (damn you hormones!) and this subreddit is focused on those. I find the daily rants and raves massively helpful.

Reddit Keto Diet on Facebook Initially set up for those of us on Reddit who actually used facebook more during the day, this has become a great place for newbies to bounce ideas of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment