Monday, July 21, 2014

Keto Chocolate Porridge

Despite my best efforts, I have yet to make a keto cereal that I like, that keeps for longer than a day and has a decent serving size. I did this week, however, stumble upon a keto porridge that kept me ridiculously full through the day. Which was an advantage as I had given absolutely no thought to pre planning my food for that day- in my other lack of planning I forgot to photograph it and since my local shop is out of almond milk it will be a while until I make it again.

Ingredients

2 tbsp Milled Flaxseed (I'm a fan of the brazil nut linwoods one as it has a deeper flavour)
1 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tbsp of granulated sweetener (If you like it sweet)
Enough almond or coconut milk to cover the powder and then some.


  1. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  2. Cover in almond milk and stir, then add a bit more almond milk for good measure as flax is very absorbant.
  3. Microwave for 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds or so until thick and gloopy.
  4. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. For people with nut allergies, would this be a case of dropping the Brazil nut linwoods and alomond milk and subbing in flaxseed and coconut milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it would work with those subs. Or even using cream and a bit of water instead of the almond milk. The flax is just the one I had in the cupboard at the time.

      Delete