Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cheesy toastie



I have a bit of a thing for cheese toasties, I have no idea where it comes from but they were pretty much all I ate during the first year of university. My george forman was my most used piece of kitchen equipment, which has since gathered dust because I now keep the fat that escapes from my food to cook something else. I spotted it the other day so decided to make a keto toastie for the first time, (well I tried it once with the seed bread but it was horrible).

Ingredients (2 sandwiches)

4 slices of seedless bread
1 Boursin portion (20g)
Cheddar (50g)
4 slices of bacon
Butter lots (less if your butter was soft, unlike mine)




  1. Cook off your bacon in a pan or on the toastie maker. (I kept the fat and used it later)
  2. While the bacon is cooking butter your bread on both sides, right into the corners.
  3. On the two slices of bread spread the boursin evenly.
  4. When the bacon is cooked layer it onto the boursin slices.
  5. Grate cheese onto the top of the cheese.
  6. Add the just butter slices of bread to the sandwich and cook on the toastie maker/forman grill.
  7. Make sure to press down the grill half way through to full toast the bread and make the insides nice and gooey.
  8. Cut the sandwiches into halves and enjoy!
Tip: This can also be done in the pan you cooked the bacon it just takes longer and tends to fill my kitchen with smoke..





Nutritional Information (per sandwich)

Calories 600 kcal
Carbs 1g
Fat 57g
Protein 17g
Fibre 5g

2 comments:

  1. Are you not underestimating the amount of carbs in 4 slices of bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given that I made it with the low carb seedless bread on my blog, nope not at all! http://ketotheukway.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/seedless-bread.html

      I hadn't realised the seedless bread didn't link to the other post, so sorry about that!

      Delete