Monday, June 23, 2014

Review:Perfect World ice cream


The keto gods have been listening, and yesterday sitting in a freezer cabinet in Holland and Barrett I found this. Keto friendly ice cream, in the UK, that tastes AMAZING, doesn't kick me out of ketosis because they use erythritol and stevia, and is only £5.49. Which considering Ben and Jerry's is £4.70 is not a bad price at all.


The company Perfect World  are fairly new as far as I can tell, and as yet you can only get the strawberry and chocolate flavours from larger Holland and Barrett Branches. Although I've asked at my local one and they are willing to order it in for me. On their website they have two rather delicious Banana Walnut Chip and a Taste of carrot cake which I will be finding out how to get my hands on shortly. 

I've tried some diabetic ice creams, and the previous "keto ice cream" Whey-Hey that I have found in Holland and Barrett and they have all been a bit lacking. Whey-hey in fact left a horrible taste in my mouth, not only because of the £3 for a single pot size they were charging. In contrast this was everything I wanted it to be. Light, creamy, tasty, no cooling effect from the sweetener and no adverse effects either!

I've attempted to make keto ice cream before, and they have all been a bit icy and a nightmare to serve unless I freeze it in individual portions. In contrast this serves up really well, has real chunks of strawberry and after some deliberation between the newly keto boy and I decided it tasted a lot like someone had made frubes into ice cream. Which is not bad thing! I definitely will be trying the chocolate one as soon as this pot is finished.

A suggested serving is 100ml ,which is pictured and is hugely generous and minus the sweeteners has only 3g carbs a serving and actually I was happy with about half that so a pot would last longer which is no bad thing.


Nutritional Information From their Website are below:

Serving size 100ml.
Typical Values100mlPer 100g
ENERGY - KJ
- KCAL (CALORIES)
482kJ
115kcal
666kJ
161kcal
FAT
saturatesmono-unsaturatespolyunsaturates
6.9g
2.5g
3g
1.2g
10g
3.4g
4.1g
1.6g
CARBOHYDRATEavailable carbohydratesugarspolyols
14g
3g
2.2g
11g
19g
4.2g
3g
15g
FIBRE
2.2g3.1g
PROTEIN
2.6g3.6g
SALT
53mg73mg

No comments:

Post a Comment