Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review: Balance Milk Chocolate Lait Bar


Now, I had pretty much given up finding a keto friendly chocolate bar which I could just pick up at a moments notice and not have to worry about how much it cost or it throwing me out of keto. I've even gone so far as to order a huge amount of cocoa butter and try to make my own (which has yet to work). But now, I found this at the till at Holland and Barrett for a mear 95p.

They also do a stevia sweetened version for those of you who hold a disgust for malitol. But this version didn't have any horrible malitol after-taste or after effects. I could even pretend it was normal chocolate. It was a fantastic substitute, better than the atkins bars any day of the week.

I don't count poly-alcohols in my carb count, so for me this is a 3g chocolate treat with no sugar free side effects and stops me reaching for the cadburys. Win, win, win.

Nutritional Information (per bar)

165 kcal
12g fat
1g protein
16g carbohydrate (of which 13g polyalcohols so 3 net carbs!)





No comments:

Post a Comment