Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cheddar Drop "Biscuits"


I use the word biscuits lightly here, what it actually refers to are American biscuits which are more like scones in texture, but flatter. They are the perfect side accompaniments to things like soup, or as a quick snack with some butter. This week they have been coming to work with me to accompany my "mystery freezer lunches". I whipped these up after finding the recipe while I was looking up ways to use up the 30 eggs on my side.

I am a fan of any recipe which only needs coconut flour, and has 4 main ingredients. Keto is done best and most easily if it is simple in my opinion! I like things cheesy so be prepared to adjust the cheese factor down if you only like a hint of cheese.



Ingredients (Makes 10 Biscuits)

60g Coconut oil or butter melted
50g Coconut flour
4 eggs
75g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
A pinch of salt


  1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 7(if you don't have a fan).
  2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
  3. Blend together the coconut oil, coconut flour, eggs, baking powder, onion powder and salt until smooth and dough like.
  4. Mix in the grated cheese until it is thoroughly mixed in.
  5. Divide the mixture up into 10 and flatten gently onto the baking tray.
  6. Put in the oven for 15-25 minutes until golden brown and firm.
  7. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Information (per biscuit)

Calories 119 kcal
Carbs 1.1g
Fat 10.2g
Protein 4.8g
Fibre 1.9g

Now your only task is to stick to eating only 1!

Update: Almond Flour Version, this made 8 biscuits so scale it up or down as you need!

I don't keep almond flour in the house and I don't normally cook with it because nuts of all kinds make me stall me. But these are as tasty as the coconut flour ones if you can't tolerate the coconut flour.

It's the same process as above except the quantities are different:

30g Coconut oil or butter melted
90g Ground almonds/almond flour
2 eggs
40g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
A pinch of salt


No comments:

Post a Comment