Friday, May 17, 2013

Meatloaf..nearly


I'm giving you this recipe with a massive disclaimer, I have never had meatloaf before so have no idea if this is close to what it is supposed to taste like. But I thought it was pretty tasty and can even look past the massive bowl of grease and oil I poured off halfway through cooking. There is an added bonus that it is HUGE!! This will feed 8 very hungry people and combine it with my cheesy creamy vegetables you've got yourself a dinner party meal.

Ingredients

400g Beef mince
500g Turkey thigh mince
500g Lean pork mince
100g Red Pesto
100g Hard grated cheese
1 large onion finely chopped (about 100g)
2 large eggs


  1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius.
  2. In a very large bowl mix all of the ingredients, most easily done with your hands so make sure they are clean!
  3. Plonk the meat mix in a large enough ceramic or glass dish squash it right into the edges.
  4. Cook the meatloaf in the middle of your oven for 1hr 15 minutes
As the meatloaf cooks quite a lot of fat will come off due to the meats used and a rather unpleasant looking foam will appear (thats the turkey I don't know why it does it). Every 15 minutes or so just pour the fat into a bowl or the meatloaf will be really greasy and unpleasant, however much keto is meant to be high fat I don't want to feel the grease!


Nutritional Information

Calories  480 kcal
Fat 31.4g
Protein 45.9g
Carbs 2.9g



The rather lovely bowl of extra fat I collected...



No comments:

Post a Comment