Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cheesy Chorizo Greens

 Signalling my return to full-on hardcore keto the above meal was born, so tonight is a double feature of creamy chorizo greens and mooli/daikon chips.

I've been meaning to find a new side dish that isn't cauliflower mash, that I can make 6 portions of on one night and keep re-heating it. As with many of my dishes I had things to use up: chorizo, philladelphia, broccoli, sprouts, spinach and my cheese box was overflowing with cheddar!

Ingredients (makes 6 portions)

200g Brussels Sprouts (I used frozen)
200g Frozen Chopped Spinach
200g Chopped Broccoli
100g Sliced white onion
100g Chorizo finely diced
200g Philadelphia- or any full fat cream cheese
100g Mature Cheddar

  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
  2. In a saucepan heat the veggies and chorizo on a low heat until all the spinach has melted and is mixed in thoroughly. 
  3. Once the veggies have started to fry add the cream cheese and remove from the heat.
  4. Stir in the cream cheese thoroughly and transfer the mix to an ovenproof dish.
  5. Cover the top of the mixture in thickly grated cheddar.
  6. Cook for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees or until the cheese bubbles.
  7. Enjoy! 



Nutritional Information

Calories 276 kcal
Fat 22g
Carbohydrate 4.5g
Fibre 3.3g
Protein 14.2g


No comments:

Post a Comment