Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What I used to eat




It struck me this week just how natural this lifestyle has become when I cleared out my cupboards and found three half opened packs of pasta I have bought at various intervals for the Boy because I've forgotten I already had one. Above is a comparison of how I used to eat (left) and what I eat now (right). The boy had pasta, pesto, chicken and bacon with some cheese. I had chicken, bacon, cheese with a side of sauteed cabbage, spinach, onions and broccoli. I wouldn't have swapped it for what I used to eat, mine was tastier, more filling and it included vegetables! 

My progress has slowed a lot recently, but there has never been a point I have gone back completely to eating how I used to. I can count on one hand the number of "normal" meals I've had since October and both times I have regretted it. 

This isn't a diet anymore, this is just how I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment