Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chocolate milkshake my saviour!




I would like to introduce you to my "I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW OR I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE" super saver chocolate milkshake. Unsurprisingly enough, there is one time of the month that nothing but actual chocolate will satisfy my cravings, over the last few months this has caused me to cheat, once a month for a day with a massive bar of dairy milk. 

But no more, Sainsburys has finally started stocking unsweetened almond milk and thus this milkshake was born:

To Make One Large Glass

300 ml Apro Unsweetened Almond milk
10g Sainsburys Cocoa Powder for drinking and baking
2 tsp Liquid Sweetener (online only for the UK, if you find it in a shop please let me know!)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence (optional)

Pour all these ingredients in a bowl/jug and mix together with a hand blender, or mix together in a blender.

Nutritional Information

Calories: 75 kcal
Carbs: 1g
Fat: 5g
Protein: 3g
Fiber: 4g

Pro Tips

For a thicker milkshake: substitute some of the almond milk for extra thick double cream just watch the carbs! or add some ice cubes before you blend.

If you need it to be super chocolaty omit the vanilla essence and reduce the amount of sweetener.

No comments:

Post a Comment